Greenwood Homeowner’s Association

Executive Meeting 8/15/12

Minutes

        I.      Call to Order

Ø  President, Dan Burnside, called the meeting to order at 7:12 pm. 

Ø  Present: Andy Claxton, Lindsay O’Connor, Mike Scopp, Paul Eckhardt, Hank Green, Becky  Scopp

Not in attendance: Jim Whiting. 

Dan welcomed and introduced newest board member, Andy Claxton, Vice President.

      II.      Minutes from the HOA Executive Meeting held on May 17, 2012 were reviewed and approved.

   III.      Treasure’s Report – Becky Scopp

a.       Money Market account remains at approximately $20,000.  Will continue to accrue interest.

b.       5 houses have outstanding balances of $500.00 or more. One more letter will be sent before starting the court process. 

c.        Checking account balance: $8400.00

 

    IV.      Old Business

a.       Boat/RV Storage Lot

Ø  The only critical need at this time is to restone and fix the pot holes around the “curve” entering the lot.  Dan Burnside will get an estimate from Green Acres for repair.

 

b.       Website

Ø  Continuing to be addressed by board.  Goal is to complete by the end of the year.

 

c.        Storm Water Management

Ø  Completed all necessary maintenance of the area.  Green Acres will continue to maintain the area and the board approved an estimate from Green Acres for 2x/year, at $400.00.  This will include removing and cutting any brush and removing all debris/trash in accordance with county agreement.  Purple Martin houses not necessary at this time.  

      V.      New Business

   

a.       Pavilion Electricity

Ø  Discussion was held on providing electricity to the pavilion and a possible community center in or around the park.  After much discussion, the first and most important step in this process is getting electricity to the pavilion/park.  Dan and Andy will be obtaining quotes on the cost to run electricity to the park and present the quotes at the next meeting.

 

b.       Playground equipment                      

Ø  It was brought to the boards attention that graffiti is currently on the sliding board in the playground.  Andy will look into the damage and repairing of the sliding board.

 

c.        Pot hole entering community                           

Ø  Pot holes are developing around the entrance to the community.  Board members will contact the county for  repair or possibly fixing this ourselves.

 

d.       October ballots                    

Ø  Ballots will need to be made for the October General Meeting for continuation of board members.  Attempts will be made through email to reach the quorum in the community.

 

 

    VI.      Next General Meeting – October at Wye Bible Church.  Notice will be sent to community on exact date.

 VII.      Meeting was adjourned at 8:28pm.