Greenwood Homeowner’s Association

General Meeting 10/25/12

Minutes

        I.      Call to Order

Ø  President, Dan Burnside, called the meeting to order at 7:04 pm. 

Ø  Present: Andy Claxton, Lindsay O’Connor, Mike Scopp, Paul Eckhardt, Hank Green, Becky  Scopp

Ø  Approximately 10 homeowners  were in attendance.

      II.      Minutes from the HOA Executive Meeting on 8/15/12 were reviewed and approved.

   III.      Treasurer’s Report – Becky Scopp

a.       We have over $13,000 of outstanding HOA dues.  For those houses not in foreclosure or on the market, Dan will start the court proceedings on those houses not paying their dues and yet are still receiving trash pick–up which is paid through the HOA dues.

b.       Checking account balance: $7000.00

 

    IV.      Old Business

a.       Website

Ø  Continuing to be addressed by board.  Goal is to complete by the end of the year.  Another HOA member also contacted the board on willingness to help with the website.

 

b.       Pavilion Electricity

Ø   Will continue to be addressed by the board for the upcoming year.  Looking into several possibilities and contacting Delmarva for possible assistance.

 

c.        Playground equipment                      

Ø  Graffiti on sliding board has been repaired.

 

d.       Pot hole entering community                           

Ø  Pot holes are developing around the entrance to the community.  Board members will contact the county for repair or possibly fixing ourselves.

 

e.        October ballots                    

Ø  Ballots were mailed out with the 4th quarter dues and by email.  Thus far, 45 ballots have been received which is still not sufficient for a quorum.  An additional email will be sent out along with some board members going door to door to get a quorum for the board to continue.

      V.      New Business

   

a.       Safety concerns in community

Ø  A few things were brought to the boards attention which will be looked into by the next meeting.  1) A porta-potty in the woods by the pond – Dan will put it out for Waste management; 2) Dangerous driveway by a neighbors fence has a homeowner concerned about hitting children – the board will look at driveway and the cost for a mirror on a post in the sidewalk median; 3) Traffic during Halloween night – With our roads being county roads, we have to allow cars into the community.  Dan will put out an email to the community about being extra cautious on Wednesday and possible posting on our HOA sign to park in the front of the community to try and limit the number of cars driving around.

 

b.       Trash Pick Up                      

Ø  Waste Management changed contracts with another company which has no effect on our community.  They do have a dual truck for our neighborhood so the trash and recycling go into 1 truck.  Dan will check with the company if they will pick up recycling weekly for no additional charge.

 

    VI.      Next Executive Meeting – TBD

 VII.      Meeting was adjourned at 7:48pm.